Please review and sign this agreement for my safety and yours! You will find the signature box at the bottom of the page.
For your convenience, key points are highlighted.
By scheduling or paying for any service offered through www.jenniferhelwingwellness.com, Jennifer Helwing Wellness Coaching, Wellness With Jenn, and/or by communicating with Jennifer Helwing, you are attesting that you have read and understand this legal disclaimer and terms of services. Further, you attest that you understand and willingly enter into, agree with, and accept the following:
1. I am 18 or over.
2. As a client, I understand and agree that I alone am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during and outside of the coaching sessions. This includes but is not limited to the choices, decisions, actions, or goals that I decide upon both within and outside of the coaching sessions. I acknowledge that any suggestions made to me are not advice, and that I am fully responsible for what I choose to do with anything discussed in the coaching sessions.
3. I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including but not limited to; career, health, relationships, and well-being. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, whether to incorporate coaching into those areas, how to implement my choices, and any and all results, are exclusively my responsibility.
4. I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business or other qualified professionals.
5. I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment. If I have a psychiatric diagnosis, or if I am currently receiving psychiatric care, I acknowledge that I have recently contacted a mental health professional and ensured that working with a coach is in my best interest at this time.
6. I certify that I do not possess any psychological issues that interfere with my ability to meet my basic needs or to effectively carry out activities of daily living, including but not limited to unresolved trauma, severe anxiety, depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, or abusive relationships. I understand that coaching is designed for mentally healthy and functioning individuals.
7. I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law. I understand that if I reveal information that involves physically hurting myself or others, the coach must report such information and/or refer to mental health professionals accordingly.
8. I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Zoom, and other technology.
9. I understand that Jennifer has the right to refuse or terminate the coaching relationship at any time, and for any reason, including but not limited to excessive swearing, misconduct, inappropriateness, unprofessionalism, or if she determines that her coaching services are not right for me. I agree that if Jennifer determines that my needs would be better served by another professional, she will refer me as such.
10. I am aware that both myself and Jennifer can choose to terminate the coaching relationship at any time. Should this occur in the case of prepaid sessions or packages, I understand that a refund in the amount of $50 per unused session will be returned to me. I understand that the refunded amount may be less than what was originally paid.
I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge Jennifer Helwing from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation, for damages claimed or that I may have, arising out of my own acts and omissions or acts and omissions of Jennifer, as a result of any advice given or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made. For all international clients, all coaching services are undertaken in accordance with the laws of Canada and any disputes will be subject to Canadian law.